Get to know our Regional Business Partner, Michael Wennerbom
Tell us a bit about your journey in the insurance industry to where you are at CBN today?
I Joined CBN in 2019 as a business partner to our Authorised Brokers in Queensland. Prior to this, I have worked in Insurance for over 26 years, across insurance broking and underwriting, specialising in the placement and negotiation of risk across all classes including Property, Liability, Financial Lines, Construction, Accident & Health, Motor/Heavy Motor, Cyber, and Crisis Management.
How does CBN successfully empower authorised brokers to be their own boss?
Our systems and support services allows brokers to have an unwavering focus on the front end (Broking), supporting their clients’ needs, knowing that the back end is taken care of – admin, compliance, banking and more.
How does CBN differ from other authorised networks?
CBN provides independence to our Authorised Brokers, but where needed they always have access to CBN’s support, backed by an experienced team of people. This includes Compliance, Trust Account Management, Tech, Marketing and Broker Partnering, who act as an extension of the brokers’ business, providing support or additional resources to get through busy periods, illness, or taking a holiday.
What are three top tips you can give to ARs about running their own business?
- Write a business plan.
- Absorb everything. Listen to what others have to say and the lessons they learned —prospects, clients, insurers, friends, family, experts, even your own intuition.
- Speak out about your business, start by setting out a basic marketing plan.
Three interesting facts about yourself?
- I travelled around Australia and the world when I was younger as my father worked for QBE.
I lived and went to school in both Fiji and Thailand;
- I’m married and father of two beautiful children;
- I’m a huge Parramatta Eels and Sydney Swans supporter.
Share one of your favourite success stories
One of my Brokers joined us as a start up business in 2016 and grew an average of 100% each year for the next three financial years, winning numerous industry awards.